iOS Staging App requires a new Apple certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iOS Staging App requires a new Apple certificate

It’s that time of year, Insteon development support, to update the Apple developer certificate to allow the app to work. I’m getting an error on my phone when I try to run the Insteon a stage app.
    Please update the certificate so I can get the app to work.
    Share Science - Share Knowledge - Share Kindness

Yes, and please ensure that it will work with iOS 15
    iPhone 12 / iPad Pro
    iOS 14.4
    Verizon FiOS 0 Actiontek MI424WR-GEN2
    50+ Devices

Comment

Hey CxS, so that you know. I have a stage HUB that is working and fully functional. The problem, is that I’m no longer able to access it b/c Insteon apparently has ditched their R&D and will no longer update either the hub firmware to production, or the stage software so that it may work again with the stage hub.

I was told that the only way to access my home Insteon network again is to purchase a production hub.

Man I feel so let down, discouraged, and disappointed. After over 3-4 years of trying to better the insteon product line as a beta tester, the new leadership has completely dismissed the efforts of beta testers like ourselves.

Insteon has partnered up with Nokia and will focus on the Nokia product home automation product line with unknown support of some Insteon legacy products. In addition you will have to purchase a Nokia hub for this, and who knows if the there is a subscription related to the access and management of the Nokia smart home devices.

BTW - Can you still access your stage hub? or do you also have a production hub?
      Last edited by sciclops; 12-26-2021, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Read this thread.
        https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...smart-lighting

Comment

I'm in much the same boat. My Stage Hub works fine but I'm down to one remaining iOS device that's able to run the Stage app (an iPad that's still running iOS 14.x). Due to location or type of device, some of my devices can only be controlled using the app, so this has become a real problem.

I have a production Hub (still in it's box) that I could use to replace the Stage Hub - but, given the uncertainty regarding ongoing support for ANY Insteon products, I don't see the point in taking all the time necessary to re-set all my devices, add them to the new hub and recreate all my scenes (plus I don't really like the current production app). I toyed with the idea of moving to an ISY controller but that too looks to be on a declining support path.

I'm currently thinking about moving to the open-source Home Assistant. It appears to have an Insteon integration and has a very large support community; it may be more of a learning/time-investment than I'm willing to make but it looks like I'm going to have to do something and soon.

I'd love to hear what you're thinking and if you have any suggestions.
          iPhone 12 / iPad Pro
          iOS 14.4
          50+ Devices

Comment

• sciclops
            sciclops commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi CxS, from what I’ve read Home assistant requires an Insteon interface USB or HUB, and not all Insteon devices are supported.
            I also had a new HUB I was going to install at my Dad’s home, to get him started with home automation, but I’m nixing that idea. I used it as my replacement Production hub.
            With Insteon inventory drying up and no future assurance of supply, I don’t have much confidence in this product.
            By this he way, there are two production versions of the Insteon app, the modern by one and the standard one.
            Last edited by sciclops; 12-26-2021, 08:00 PM.

If you're interested,here are a couple articles on Home Assistant and its Insteon integration:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/03/how-to-achieve-smart-home-nirvana-or-home-automation-without-subscription/
          home-assistant.io/integrations/insteon/
          iPhone 12 / iPad Pro
          iOS 14.4
          50+ Devices

Comment

I am following the Thread tech closely and I am planning to transition my current devices with a mix of any manufacturer that use thread in their devices, and device can communicate with one another.

Here is some more info on thread and matter. www.smarthomeperfected.com/best-matter-devices/
            Last edited by sciclops; 12-26-2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

See our other discussion on this topic.
              https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...smart-lighting

Comment

I advise contacting Insteon customer service or going to their official website for help in order to fix the problem with your Insteon app
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-21-2023, 12:33 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                X