Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling scenes at sunset, but on different days

Hi all, guys.
    I've an 2242-422 Hub+ Rev.2.0 (Europe) and I'm getting an error using latest Android app. For some reason I get an error saying that there is a conflict when trying to add schedule to use on a second scene. In detail, I wish to add more schedules, triggering different scenes, on different days, at sunset/sunrise, Do you think that's feasible, in any way?
    Thanx a lot
    Kind regards
    Last edited by ulampert; 07-07-2015, 12:36 AM.

Make sue that the device is a responder only. That's because a device can be a controller of one and only one scene.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yep, responder only.

Comment

Do you have other scenes at or near the same time/day?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Hi. Sorry for the big delay.
          Ok, I found that 1 Sunset/Sunrise schedule could be set at once.

Last question: is it possible to factory reset INSTEON modules via app or Houselinc (I'm from Switzerland, so using Hub+ Europe 2242-422) i.e. factory reset via software???
          Thanx a lot!

Comment

ulampert,

Why do you want to do a factory reset?

Comment

Great! Thank you very much for your patience

Comment

Hi stusviews. That's because its the last chance to make it work a system with 12 (micro)modules very faulty (i.e. groups of lights switching ON randomly, yellow LEDs on ON/OFF modules, etc.). I hope that (re)starting from scratch the whole system (new account, Hub+, micromodules) will solve the problem...

Comment

I agree. When setting up a new system it's easy to overextend the capabilities of the system. Scenes do what you tell them to do, not what you want them to do. That's because they're dumb devices being driven by intelligence. Factory resetting all devices puts them bank into an obedient mode.

But--delete them from the Hub or factory reset the Hub, too.

OTOH, yellow LEDs indicates a communication problem that won't be solved by a factory reset.

Comment

But--delete them from the Hub or factory reset the Hub, too.
                    Yes, stusviews. I'll strictly follow all the steps specified on the manuals. Thank you very much.

Concerning yellow LEDs, I agree with you. I have to investigate why that's happened, too (RF and/or PLC interferences?? who knows).
                    stusviews & TFitzpatri8 Thank you very much for your patience (latter question was out of original topic)
                    Last edited by ulampert; 07-29-2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X