Password protect settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password protect settings?

We reuse old but decent android mobile/tablet (without SIM) instead remotes. We configure to not automatic updates, only wifi etc to keep them stable and power saving. As the're used just at home I don't care about security access to the mobiles BUT Insteon App should be always logged on (with the account pass) and I don't know how to protect the settings so noone change them. I guess we need another pass to protect the access to the settings but leaving full access to operation.

That's true for nearly any password protected site/device. The only devices that have that option are those that allow guest access, such as an IP camera. The Hub does not have that option.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Uhmm...I'm just speaking about the App...It would be quite simple to protect the access to settings with a local (even by device) password.

Much better would be implement a real multiple profile access to the hub, like as you said for IP Cams, that would extend the use of Insteon to kids, service persons, etc without the fear they crash anything touching settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Opor View Post
        Uhmm...I'm just speaking about the App...It would be quite simple to protect the access to settings with a local (even by device) password.
        Do you have an example of a simple solution.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Thanks both...I mean "simple" to develop into the app. Just add some code to create, store and use a simple password...Not asking even for encryption -main account is enough- just avoiding to enter into settings by error...

Comment

"Just add some code," is rarely simple. Do you code?

Comment

Working...
            X