Android Hub app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Hub app

I have a HP 7' tablet running Android 4.2.2. When I go to the app store it says "Your Device isn't compatible with this version" of the Insteon for Hub.

I get the same with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. But it runs fine on my Samsung S5 phone. I'm curious to know the answer too.

Comment

It appears this may be specific to the 4.2.2 version. I get the error on my wife's Galaxy Tab 10 running Android 4.2.2. But on my earlier generation Tab 10, running 4.0.2, it runs fine. It also runs fine on my old Motorola Atrix II, running 4.0.4

Comment

So then am I stuck not being able to use this tablet?

Comment

This was a duplicate of subsequent #6. Tricked by failed .json processing when pressing 'post' on Surface 2. Duplicates can be avoided (on Surface 2) by manually navigating back to the page to clear the 'pending' text and post button to observe the post was actually successful.
          Last edited by landis; 01-04-2015, 06:31 AM. Reason: Removed duplicate post of subsequent #6

Comment

I see same "Your Device isn't compatible with this version" with Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (from Sprint) which is now running 4.4.2.

Hub app working fine on Samsung ATIV S Neo (Windows Phone 8.1) and Surface 2 (8.1) but so far no success with scene buttons of Keypad Lync.
            ​From other posts I've been learning that if I could install the Android app, I might successfully add the Keypad Lync.
            Last edited by landis; 01-03-2015, 07:55 AM. Reason: (typo in original post)

Comment

Last evening I successfully installed 1.7.1 (2015-01-03) version of the android app on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 which is running 4.4.2

​It does see the Keypad Linc has multiple buttons but thinks it is 6 button, when actually it had been reconfigured with 8 buttons. Will take this follow up question to a new thread...

Comment

I have just received the new Insteon Hub and plugged it in. When I try to download the Insteon for Hub app and install it, I get the message.
                ​Insteon for Hub could not be downloaded due to error. Error retrieving from server (RPC:S-7:AEC-7)

What do I do now?

Comment

I had that problem too. Support suggested downloading from the Amazon app store and it worked. Seems like even if Insteon couldn't fix the play store version they would at least remove it or post a note about the alternative Amazon download site.

Comment

Working...
                  X