Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Hub Communications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Hub Communications

After upgrading my phone to Android KitKat 4.4.2 the hub app experiences persistent communication failures and dropped packets from the Hub app on the phone. If I use a non-kitkat upgraded phone the app works phone so this eliminates a network routing issue.

When google wrote KitKat they changed the way network traffic is being handled to the phone and I suspect this is what is causing the massive packet loss to or from the Hub app. When first launching the hub app it will update about two statuses before the android phone stops receiving packets. Interestingly when I send over wifi (offsite) the hub receives all packets sent by the Hub App, so this is unique to cellular traffic. I've spent two months on this problem trying to troubleshoot and the conclusion I have come to is either the Hub App is shaping packets incorrectly or the Hub device is having problems interpreting or shaping packets.

To summarize, my testing has revealed the communication loss is somewhere between the hub device and the hub app.
Working...
X