Scene Not Working on Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene Not Working on Schedule

I have 2 ON/OFF linelinc devices that control outdoor lighting. They both appear in the app and I am able to individually turn them ON/OFF by selecting either device in the app. I added both to a button on a 6-button keypad and they work ON/OFF as expected. I then created a scene with both linelinc devices, but they do not turn ON when I "activate" the scene. Additionally, I have added the scene to a schedule and it also does not turn them ON/OFF. I have removed the schedule, scene, and devices from the app, reset both linelincs and the keypad, and re-added the linelincs back in the app with a new scene and schedule. The devices individually work but the scene and schedule still do not work. My other 3 scenes and schedules work fine. Thoughts?

One possibility is that the location of the hub s further away from the linelincs, in wire feet, than the keypad or on the opposite power leg of your house.. The reason that it still works with direct on.off commands versus scenes, is on/off commands will retry the command a few times when nor reply is received from the switch... and scenes are "fire and forget", no verification is done with scenes.
    Also if you are referring to the older product, inlinelinc and not the micromodule? inlinelincs are single band, powerline only and more susceptible to what I describe above

Things to try
    - Try the hub on a couple of other outlets in the house and retry
    - Look on eBay for an Insteon signalinc and have an electrician add it to your electrical panel. (I have a recent post about this here)

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. The devices are In-LineLinc relays (#2475SDB). I looked at the manual to confirm and the In-LineLinc is dual band.

The hub is not much if any further than the keypad. I should have mentioned that the scene and schedule worked last year. I wouldn't think that the power leg is culprit because I have 2 In-LineLincs; one in the lower attic and one in the upper. So, they could very well be on different legs from each other let alone the hub. I am not sure what changed.

Comment

Its kind of generic advice, but I would pick one, the easiest one to get to... remove it from the hub and follow the procedure to factory reset it, then add it back and add scene.. see what happens.

The reason for suggesting is that I just bought 4 new lamp modules... set them up and added them the same way, added them to a scene the same way and plugged them in in there respective spots. One was a far away as you can get in my house and wouldn't work. I guessed it was too far away. I swapped it with one of the others,,, and the problem moved with that module,, to a location where the another one worked. I factory reset it, added it to the scene and its been fine ever since.

Again, generic advice but this is relatively easy to do except maybe access the module as it's an inline linc.

Comment

Working...
        X