Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon Apps fail to work properly over Vodafone mobile data network in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Apps fail to work properly over Vodafone mobile data network in Australia

I have just started using Insteon in Melbourne, Australia.

A remote plug module is perfectly controlled over the house WiFi however does not work SATISFACTORY over the mobile internet (away from home). It does work - shows the status and controls the device, HOWEVER - intermittently - sometimes straight away, sometimes - with a big, practically unacceptable delay - minutes, sometimes does not work at all (the status enquiry symbols stay forever).

The same phenomena is observed on both - an android phone and an iphone. Both work with the same data network provider - Vodafone. The android app is 1.7.1 beta.

With my work LAN based PC (Insteon for browser) the remote control over the Internet works much better, still some delays, but acceptable: single device inquiry / command - typically 3 sec, screen with the status of 2 devices - wait quite often up to about 30 sec.

The above seems to indicate that there is something wrong in communications between the Insteon mobile apps (android and iphone) and my Vodafone data network.

The issue is a serious problem preventing from the practical use of the mobile apps.

Appreciate your comments.

Working...
X