Troubleshooting Interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting Interference

Back in November, when we put up the holiday decorations, our Insteon network started becoming buggy. Sometimes lights would shut off when they shouldn't, and after a few weeks it became completely unresponsive. Unplugging the PLM and re-plugging it in worked for one or two commands. So, I figured/hoped that the modem had gone bad, and sent it in for refurbishing. Got it re-installed, uploaded the settings from my ISY994i, and same behavior.

The unit was moved to different branch circuits (before and after upgrade), and the behavior remained the same.

The Christmas decorations included installation of one additional Insteon outdoor plug-in module, about 10 Sonoff S31 plug-in relays, and one generic remote control plug-in module. With all those unplugged, both before and after the repair, the behavior remained the same. My Insteon system includes about 30 hard-wired switches and (normally) 10 plug-in modules.The house has ~6 UPSs (Insteon devices on different circuits), and Enphase micro-inverters for the solar.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting? I have not yet had a situation where I could shut off all the breakers and see if I can isolate a "bad" branch circuit.
Working...
X