Factory reset 'hard to access' devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory reset 'hard to access' devices

Is there a way to factory reset (ie clear all links) on a device like a Fanlinc without physical access to the device? I bought a new PLM and want to start from scratch with all my Insteon devices, but really don't want to have to pull fans down to access the Fanlinc buttons.

Unfortunately no, And factory resetting is generally the right thing to do.
    An alternative, if you are using the ISY as your controller, is to delete the fanlinc. When you've swapped to the new PLM, add it and the default option is to remove all existing links. That [I]might[/I] defer, or eliminate, the trip up the ladder if it works.

Comment

Thanks [USER="2373"]paulbates[/USER]. I'm using Insteon Panel in Home Assistant. The PLM is connected to HA by USB. With any luck, I'll have the option to clear the links when I connect.

Comment

The old PLM's six digit ID is all your modules and will no respond until you use tell the modules of the new PLM's ID.
        If Insteon Panel in Home Assistant can do this for you. Swapping the old for new six digit ID.
        That may work.
        Can the program add the modules back if you have the modules six digit ID so physically pushing the set button on the fan modules would not be needed?
        If nor factory reset will have to be done. If your program can't do it.

Comment

Working...
        X