Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the recommended LED driver to use with insteon dimmer? (2477D)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the recommended LED driver to use with insteon dimmer? (2477D)

I have a number of places in the house where we have 24 VDC LED strips. Right now they are being driven with a on off switch that goes to the LED Driver. I'd like to change these to dimmable switches and I'm wondering which LED driver is recommended for this application. I've search online about this, and there are discussions from 2016 and some that are a little newer.
    I looked at a Magnitude and found that their drivers were not recommended for Insteon 2477DH which I'm using 2477D. My understanding is H is just the high wattage designation.
    [url]https://magnitudeinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/E-Series-24V-Dimmer-Compatiblity-List-REV012.pdf[/url]
    I'm using their E40L24DC-KO for the simple on off now and it works great.

So what LED driver should be used in when wanting to dim 24 VDC LED strips? I'm not finding LED drivers that reference insteon.

Thank you in advanced!
    Todd

In general, Insteon dimmer switches are designed to work with incandescent bulbs, but can also work with certain types of LED bulbs. The compatibility of LED bulbs with an Insteon dimmer switch depends on several factors, including the type of bulb, the driver used in the bulb, and the specific model of the dimmer switch. It's recommended that you consult the documentation provided by the manufacturer of your LED bulbs to determine the appropriate driver or compatibility with Insteon dimmer switches. Additionally, you may want to consider reaching out to Insteon customer support for further guidance on this issue.
    Last edited by GordonO; 03-24-2023, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X