removed 2486 D installed 2334-232 how to link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removed 2486 D installed 2334-232 how to link

I removed and old 2486 D...i installed a 2334-232. How do I link the new switch up with the 2467 S and D switches..I can not find any instructions anywhere...thanks ron b

Here are the manual instructions. If you have a Hub, or ISY, or software of some sort, the instruction will be different.

[B]One button to one switch (multiway)[/B]

On the keypad, tap the button you want to use so it is back lit. (if On, tap so it is Off and then tap it On)

Press and hold the set button on the keypad for three seconds, or until it beeps at you and then let go (The desired button should be flashing/and the led should be blinking green indicating it is in linking mode.)

Go to the switch, make sure it is on, then press and hold the set button for three seconds, or until you hear a beep and let go. (Older 2476's may not have a speaker) The keypad button should no longer be blinking.

Next, press and hold the switches set button for three seconds and let go.

Go to the keypad, the desired button should still be backlit, press and hold the keypads set button for three seconds or, until you hear a double beep. Now, the button and switch should control. the same load, and react the same.

[B]One button, multiple lights (Light scene)[/B]

Go around the room and adjust your lights to where you want them to go when you tap the button on the keypad.

Once finished, go to the keypad and tap the button you want to use so it is back lit. (if On, tap so it is Off and then tap it On)

Press and hold the keypads set button for three seconds, or until it beeps, and then let go. (The led should be steadily flashing green)

Tap the set button one time. This puts the keypad into extended linking mode so we can add multiple devices in one go. (The led should be doing a heart beat blink now)

Go around the room and press and hold each device's set button down for 3 seconds, or until you hear a double beep, indicating it was linked.

When finished tap the button on the keypad.

The one button should control all the switches you linked, and at the desired level. Individual light scan still be adjusted at the switch itself if you want.

I found an old video that goes over simple keypad linking if you need a visual, but it is sort of old.

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4lxP5FlDcQ[/URL]
    Last edited by SeanM; 07-07-2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=ron b;n113880]I removed and old 2486 D...i installed a 2334-232. How do I link the new switch up with the 2467 S and D switches..I can not find any instructions anywhere...thanks ron b[/QUOTE]

In addition to instructions given, you can also find the instructions in the box that came with your keypad and on the product webpage on smarthome.com under the manuals tab. Insteon.com is also a goo resource for finding manuals

Comment

Working...
      X