Upgrade hub 2242 to 2245

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade hub 2242 to 2245

When upgrading hubs (2242 to 2245) can you run both hubs on the same network? Then cut-over devices slowly? I assume you would need to remove and create new scenes and schedules as you delete each device.

You can run multiple Hubs on the same network and even different models of the Insteon Hub. The two hubs use different back end architecture so you might find some wackiness in the app if they are tethered to the same account.

As far as how simple the cutting-over devices will be, that will depend on the complexity of your set up. Insteon recommends factory resetting the devices when migrating controllers so keep that in mind as you are switching things around.

Comment

Thanks SeanM. I only have 25 to 30 devices but the thought of rebuilding everything is daunting. I am getting on in years so if I can do it slowly my mind won’t overload. I have most devices running on schedules or with sensors so the app on my iPad is a nice to have. Has anyone created a good spreadsheet or matrix to document all the scenes and links? Maybe I’ll just setup a new account and delete the old when done.
      Thanks again.
      Last edited by RNK; 12-30-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

That's fair. :)

Nothing like that has been made available from Insteon, but you can email Insteon support and request a device list from your Hub. It will have a list of the names and ID's, but will not indicate scenes or links.

Comment

SeanM, I have my new Hub up and running. Created a second account and I’m cutting over device slowly and it is working great. Also adding them to Alexa with the new Hub. Thanks again!

Comment

Great! I'm glad it's all working out. :)

Comment

Working...
            X