Universal Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal Devices

I am writing to urge Insteon to grant access to the data necessary for UDI to support these new devices fully. Enabling full support on the ISY, Polisy, and EISY devices will open a market opportunity for a very large existing customer base that is heavily invested in UDI products and previous Insteon devices. Don't delay. I'm not sure of the T 1/2 of that user base but I know it's decaying.

You may not see much new with the ISY994i.
    It was officially discontinued a short time back.
    If it would require a firmware update.
    They have frozen any further updates that run on the ISY994i. At 5.3.4. Lower version if you have the older series 300 ZWave board.
    The EISY and Polisy should see updates as needed.
    Someone has a thread on the UDI forums with a early test of the new I3 Dial dimmer units.
    Last edited by BLH; 01-31-2023, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Yes, and there's one on the i3 Outlet that I have contributed to. I've been using Insteon devices since they first came out. I agree they may not bother to update the ISY994i. I have a Polisy and an EISY is on the way. It would pain me to switch to another core lighting technology since Insteon has the most capabilities.

Comment

I would add another voice to this request.

Comment

Strongly agree with this! I tried the Insteon hub long ago and it just didn't have the features needed for full house automation. Stuck with Insteon devices and used Indigo running on the iMac for a long time, but eventually moved over to Universal Devices ISY994 hub. If it wasn't for the ISY, I would have likely moved away from Insteon, but instead, chose it when building a new house with well over 50 devices. Was devastated when Insteon tanked, but excited to see the new ownership. I have no problem with the Insteon subscription service, but the hub is still far from being powerful enough. Not only would I like to see cooperation between Insteon and Universal Devices, but even perhaps have Insteon license the EISY techology for a new Insteon branded hub with a more modern user interface.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by keepersg View Post
            I am writing to urge Insteon to grant access to the data necessary for UDI to support these new devices fully. Enabling full support on the ISY, Polisy, and EISY devices will open a market opportunity for a very large existing customer base that is heavily invested in UDI products and previous Insteon devices. Don't delay. I'm not sure of the T 1/2 of that user base but I know it's decaying.
            I completely agree with this and have been urging the new owners to move in this direction since day one.

I note that the reference to Universal Devices and ISY on the Insteon website is completely out of date, with no reference to Polisy and broken links for the purchase of the old ISY. (References on the Insteon website to Logitech Harmony are also dated in the sense that Logitech Harmony is no longer manufactured.)

I also agree with another post that the Insteon hub does not begin to replace Universal Devices and if Insteon does not do a better job of working with Universal devices, Insteon users will be forced to migrate away from Insteon.

Comment

I recently got a email.
              The I3 devices are getting support in the Polisy and EISY devices. With a firmware update.
              Not the ISY994i

Comment

To the chorus of those asking for this, please add mine.
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 12:57 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I concur that they might decide against updating the ISY994i.
                  Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-04-2023, 01:49 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                  X