Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad news

Sad news

I’m sorry to announce that the person known in these forums as Stusviews passed away last week.

The way he just kept moving, kept participating, kept attending concerts and parties, kept writing and troubleshooting and creatively problem-solving, you would have never suspected the years-long battle he was waging behind the scenes with cancer unless he told you.

As former electrician and retired high school teacher, Stu had the skill, the patience, and the generosity of spirit to help countless people enjoy the fun and utility of home automation. He holds a record in the Smarthome forums, having contributed more than fifteen thousand posts! since 2007, plus thousands more contributions here and on other, related automation forums.

Stu was one of a kind. He will be missed!

(I’m planning to travel to Los Angeles to attend a memorial party for Stu. If you’d like to leave a message of condolence, or if you’d like to share a funny story about a time he helped you work out a “GremLinc”, feel free to reply here or send me a private message, and I’ll pass them along to his family.)

Stusviews: This world is made less with out your presence. Your contributions in all things has helped inspire millions to succeed. You were a husband, teacher, mentor, a friend to all.

I will forever miss our chats, debates, and collaboration. I will not remember how you died but remember how you lived and what you left behind. The sky has another star in the Heavens where you reside but the Earth is much darker with out your light to lead the way.
    Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Very sorry to hear of his passing. His posts were always informative, positive, and helpful.

Comment

Sad indeed - thank you for sharing. I came here to look up a prior reference he made and just saw this.
        Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
        iPhone XS, iPad iOS 13.1.3, iPad mini iOS 9.3.5
        Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
        Cisco RV345, Asus RT-AC1900P (AP mode)
        47 Insteon devices, 1 Echo Show, 2 Echos, 2 Echo Dots v1 & v2, Harmony Elite

Comment

Working...
        X