Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to dim low power LEDs for under kitchen cabinets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to dim low power LEDs for under kitchen cabinets?

I want to put some sort of dimmable LEDs under the kitchen cabinets. The ones I've identified so far all seem to include a power transformer to drop down to 10V or so and an in line dimmer device with a remote control.

How would one be able to use an Insteon device to control the dimming? Like an Insteon 2477D, for instance. Is it possible? Has anyone done something like this?

Still no one has any suggestions?

Comment

Can't help with your setup as I have never done a similar thing.
      The 2477D driving an inductive transformer AC input.
      Is not recommended.
      The AC wave is modified for dimming and will not handle the inductive load.
      Even at 100% On the wave is distorted and may damage the dimmer or rarely the transformer itself.

Comment

Great option! ๐ŸŒŸ Using the Insteon 2477D to control the dimming of your kitchen cabinet LEDs is quite possible and super convenient. ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ’ก Many people have done it successfully in the past, and youโ€™ll love the seamless control it provides! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜Š
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-29-2023, 02:54 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I have used a variety of these magnetic transformers. They come in 12 and 24 volts (you need to match the lights) and a range of wattage sizes from like 40 to 200watts. Work great with ledโ€™s. Mine are all fed by 2477dโ€™s.
          https://www.amazon.com/Driver-Dimmab.../dp/B0836BKRXS

Comment

Working...
          X