Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross Linking Keypad Dimmer

Longtime Insteon user here.
    This should be simple enough to do, but haven’t been able to get this to work. I want to manually cross link button “A” on a Keypad Dimmer with a wall switch.
    I’ve linked button “A” to the wall switch but can’t seem to link the wall switch back to Button “A”.
    Button “A” controls the switch just fine, but If I go and physically turn off the switch button “A” stays illuminated. Same if I use Director to turn off the switch. I could do this with a scene but would like a manual cross link. I’ve searched the forum and videos, but can’t find this exact instruction.
    What I tried: Confirmed local programming lock is off. Press the set button on the wall switch until it beeps. Press Button “A” on the keypad and then the set button on the keypad.
    Any help with this would be great!

Hello,
    I have some write this, you can read this.
    It sounds like you're trying to create a manual cross-link between a Keypad Dimmer's button "A" and a wall switch in your Insteon setup. Manual cross-linking allows two devices to control each other without using a scene.
    Here's a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this:

Prepare Devices:
    Ensure that both the Keypad Dimmer and the wall switch are within range of each other and properly powered.

Put Devices in Linking Mode:
    For the wall switch:
    Press and hold the set button on the wall switch until it beeps (usually within 5 seconds).
    For the Keypad Dimmer (Button "A"):
    Press and hold button "A" on the Keypad Dimmer until it beeps.

Link Wall Switch to Keypad Dimmer:
    On the wall switch:
    Press the desired button (e.g., "On/Off") that you want to link to button "A" on the Keypad Dimmer.

If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing issues, consider the following:

Make sure the devices are within an acceptable range of each other.
    Verify that both devices are functioning properly and on the same phase of the electrical wiring.
    Consult the user manuals for both devices to see if there are any specific instructions or troubleshooting steps for cross-linking. TellPopeyes
    If you continue to have difficulties, reaching out to Insteon support or community forums may provide additional guidance based on your specific setup and devices.
    Last edited by Frankie23; 08-15-2023, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X