No announcement yet.

Hub Pro device status - device turned on by other controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my experience grouping 3-way switches together in the home app sort of fixes this problem, but I am still having issues...

Here is my set up:
    I have two 3 way switches that are manually linked as well as grouped together in the home app.

- When I turn on and off the lights from the app everything works fine, lights turn on and off and status is correct at switches and in the app.
    - When I turn on the switch connected directly to the load lights come on, switches update correctly and the app is updated correctly.
    - However, when I turn on the switch not directly connected to load, lights do come on and the status at both switches is correct, but the status in the app does not update, still shows the lights as off. I have to tap the icon again in the home app and then it will update correctly.

The real problem is how this affects scenes. For example, if I turn my lights on from the switch that is not directly connected to load, the status in the home app does not update. Then when I trigger my "Leave Home" scene (all lights in house turn off) all of the lights in the house will turn off except for the 3-way lights.

I cannot figure out a work around for this. Any ideas?

Comment

is this still an issue? Seems like the behaviour im getting the same... Siri working amazingly until it comes across a switch it thinks is already on or already off, etc....

Comment

this sucks

Comment

anyone found a solution to the homekit not turning a light on or off that it thinks is already on or off ?

Comment

Working...
          X