No announcement yet.

6 button dimmer keypad programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you are suggesting I add another neutral wire switch and then link the 2 & 3 wire switch then add that neutral wire switch to the hub?
    I had thought the key pad would accomplish that. I added a range extender which was NOT necessary for the on/off module located on the same wall but w/o a GFI.
    So it appears as though the GFI is the culprit and as this is for my pool lights, I hesitate to let anyone fool with it.

Comment

thanks, I'll try that - I plan to add several 3 wire switches to the garage which is in very close proximitry anyway. But I do have a range extender on a different wall in the garage which has the lamp module. Do more devices = stronger signal?

Comment

finally got the hub to link after 15 tries by moving the hub closer to the switch. I have cat 6 wiring thoughout the house so I moved the hub from the "server" closet and placed it near the rear house wall closer to the pool equipment. The hub recognized the switch immediately BUT failed the 9th test. On the 10th try it finally passed all the tests. YAH!!
        P.S. Good suggestion to move the hub closer to the action for set-up if possible.

Comment

If the HUB is on an UPS or Surge Suppressor in the Server Room. They can effect the power line signals to and from the HUB.
          Many electronic devices can make power line noise or absorb the Insteon power line signals. Putting a filter designed to isolate equipment from the HUB but not effect its power line signals. Like a FilterLinc sometimes is needed.

Comment

Working...
          X