New 2245-222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2245-222

I have a new 2245-222. It is connecting to my network. I can see the MAC address in the router page. But when I try and connect with my android. I do sync with the servers but they cannot find the hub. What can I do

First question, No it is a brand new device and only attempted to connect with my Note4
    Second question is yes
    Third question is same net. Sub net unsure but I never set anything to make it go with other than 255.255.255.1

Comment

I am using Insteon for Hub

Comment

I have sent in a request to customer support to delete any accounts I may have active. I think I may have (before I got the hub) tried to log on to the app and gotten something to go wonky. I'll see what happens. I'll work on it again on Friday

Comment

Edit: Formatting

Today I received a new Hub 2 and am having the same issue with the "Insteon for Hub" app on both Android and Windows 10. I never got to a step for scanning a barcode. The app passes the "You're on Wifi (ssid)", "Authenticating", and "Syncing with Server". It then hangs at "Connecting to Hub". As I was writing this I tried again and it did get to a "Fail: Connecting to Hub".

This has been happening right out of the box as well as after a factory reset. I can ping the hub and see activity between it and multiple external IP addresses on my router. Some of the IPs are in the Amazon cloud.

When going to [URL]http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp[/URL] I see the following, so Insteon must know the hub exists, right?

Insteon has been found on your network
          Click on the Link Below to access Insteon
          [URL]http://192.168.1.56:25105[/URL]
          This is your device's internal IP

Other Info
          Configured Connect Account TRUE
          Your Internet IP: -
          Your MAC Address: -
          Your Insteon ID -
          Your Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
          Your Gateway 192.168.1.1
          Your Device's Dev Cat 03
          Your Device's SubCat 33
          Your Device's Firmware 1006
          Your Device's PLMFW 9E
          Your Device's App Version Hub2-V04-20140904
          Your Device's Unit Type HUB2
          Your Device's Serial Number -
          Last edited by hashref; 01-17-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

In case it helps anyone in the future, having customer support delete my account and recreate it worked for me.

Comment

OK I finally got to mess with the app again today and I was able to get to the sign in with the user name and password and scan the code. I put in the user name and password found on the bottom of the hub and then pushed scan bar code. and it went right back to enter user name and password and the scan bar-code. So then I just scanned the bar code and it go unknown error. I clicked OK and it took me back to the bar-code read and user name and password page again. I feel I am pretty good at these kinda things and feel like this is not intuitive at. all. Al I get for instructions anywhere on the net is fire up the app and follow the instructions. Well when they don't work were am I, stuck that is where. I only have a limited amount of time I can deal with these and now I'm loosing more. HELP!!!
              Last edited by APBurner; 01-20-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Well this is my first try at automating my home. And I am really disappointed. When there is a problem with the setup it feels like I have to ask permission to try again. I have had the darn thing reset twice by customer service and the thing just comes up with unknown error. Now I get to call customer service and talk to them. What fun sitting on the phone for hours to talk to someone. I feel like I am fairly technical. Been an electrical maintenance guy for 40 years and electronics hobbyist for 50. But when I see setup instructions written out that say download app start app follow instructions on app. I kinda feel trepidation. Then then I get the app and it gives me ZERO instructions on how to proceed so I have tried all iterations. This is down right stupid. And in my previous post I asked for clarification and nobody answered. This tells me that the company really does not know how to set up the app. If this had worked the first time I was planning on purchasing something for my house every month for the foreseeable future. But I am not seeing that very clearly anymore. I do hope you folks can change my mind. But I don't have much hope.

From a fairly dis-satisfied customer.

Comment

I'm having a very similar issue. I have the same hub, but am getting the error "Connection to Hub has been lost, please resolve - then tap Close", when I try to log in. At one time I saw where the Hub was found at 192.168.1.5 on the login screen in the Insteon for Hub app. I unplugged the network AND removed power for 24 hours before trying again. It's on the network. I see it from the router. It's on the same network as the computer I'm typing this on. On the same network as my Windows phone. I can ping it. I've reset the password multiple times. I get the same error on my laptop, desktop, and phone. I have even tried creating a new account and it will not find the hub.

GetInfo.asp gives the following info.
                  [TABLE="border: 0, cellpadding: 5, cellspacing: 1"]
                  [TR]
                  [TD="bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 2"][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][B]Insteon has been found on your network[/B]
                  Click on the Link Below to access Insteon
                  [B][SIZE=5][U][URL="http://192.168.1.6:25105/"][COLOR=#23498e]http://192.168.1.6:25105[/COLOR][/URL][/U][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
                  [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]This is your device's internal IP[/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD="bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 2"]
                  [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][B]Other Info[/B] [/COLOR][/FONT] [TABLE="border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 1"]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Configured Connect Account[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD="width: 30"][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e] [/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]TRUE[/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Internet IP:[/COLOR][/FONT] [/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD="width: 30"] [/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=rgb(35,73,142)]xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx[/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your MAC Address:[/COLOR][/FONT] [/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e] [/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx[/COLOR][/FONT] [/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Insteon ID[/COLOR][/FONT] [/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e] [/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=rgb(35,73,142)]xx.xx.xx[/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Subnet Mask[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]255.255.255.0[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Gateway[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]192.168.1.1[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Device's Dev Cat[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]03[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Device's SubCat[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]33[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Device's Firmware[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]1009[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Device's PLMFW[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]9E[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Device's App Version[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Hub2-V04-20140904[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Device's Unit Type[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]HUB2[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [TR]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#23498e]Your Device's Serial Number[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [TD][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=rgb(35,73,142)]xxxxxx[/COLOR][/FONT][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [/TABLE]
                  [/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [/TABLE]

Comment

OK finally got through to Customer service. And they were wonderful. Apparently there is a known issue with the HUB2 and Android phones. But they have a work around that took about 5 minutes. I can now do all with the app.
                    Last edited by APBurner; 02-09-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X