2474DWH flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2474DWH flickering

Hi. When I control the light from the physical switch the bulb and the leds on the switch itself flicker. When I control it from the insteon app on my phone it works flickef-free. Any idea what can cause this? Thanks

If you change out the load to a basic incandescent bulb do you observe the same behavior? If not its the LED bulb and you need to change it out. If you observe the same apparent flicker the switch may have the option to display Insteon traffic enabled. One option is to enable comm traffic the other is if there is an error so you need to determine which one it is and turn it off.

These options are available on the ISY Series Controller I don't know if they are on the HUB II / HUB Pro smart application.
    Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Many thanks for the reply. I'm currently using the 2245-222 hub. I'm verify the options when I get home and let you know what happens.

Comment

Hi. Checked the settings and blink on insteon traffic is set to off. If I turn the bulb off and on using the app it is flicker-free. Only flickers of I press the physical switch. Will test with incandescent bulb tomorrow. If it was the led bulb, won't it flicker when using the app as well?

Comment

Nope. It's the only switch. Only bought a hub and one switch to test.

Comment

Hi. Did a reboot of the hub and everything's ok now. Seems whenever the `on` button of the physical switch is mistakenly pressed more than once this happens.

Comment

[QUOTE=Krismark69;n88750]Hi. Did a reboot of the hub and everything's ok now. Seems whenever the `on` button of the physical switch is mistakenly pressed more than once this happens. [/QUOTE]

Could you remove the LED and place a standard bulb in its place and report back. If the LED bulb indeed does behave as you describe I would consider replacing them because that isn't a good sign.

What brand and model LED bulb is this for the benefit of others?
              Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Double tap is an instant On ignoring any ramp rate set for the local button.
                That maybe what is different for you.
                The 2474D is a two wire dimmer and is designed for incandescent bulbs only Any other type bulb may result in unexpected results.

Comment

HI. Will test with the incandescent bulb this weekend. I am using the Philips SlimStyle bulb.

Is it designed for incandescent bulbs only because of the power draw to the switch? Will increasing the number of bulbs help with this? If not, I will have to get the neutral wire run and replace it with the respective switch.

Comment

The two wire switch steals power from the actual light bulb to operate. For information purposes only as of this writing Insteon only has one product that is publicly listed as LED approved which is the ILL (Inline Linc).

Having said this, many consumers have been using different brands and makes of LED bulbs with great success. It really comes down to trial and error and once you find a brand / model that works. I would encourage you to purchase them in bulk sets as this will allow you to test and validate good vs bad units in the set.

This saves time, effort, and gas . . .

Just return what ever you don't need later for a refund.

Comment

[QUOTE=Krismark69;n88846]Is it designed for incandescent bulbs only because of the power draw to the switch? Will increasing the number of bulbs help with this?.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the 2-wire switch requires an incandescent bulb. Adding more non-incandescent bulbs won't help.
                      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks all for the info

Comment

Working...
                        X