Everything was working remotely, now it is not except for cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything was working remotely, now it is not except for cameras

Hi, Up to a couple days ago everything was ok. Now I can't seem to connect outside my network, except for seeing the cameras.
    --With the beep test, I get 6 single beeps, indicating all is ok
    --Going to the getinfo.asp site, all looks good
    --Going through browser beta, same as trying to look remotely, cameras are ok, but switches will not show status
    --Everything is fine on the same network
    --I cycled power to the hub, no change
    --I set a static IP to the same IP the hub had, no change.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by Corto; 05-27-2016, 03:41 PM.

I found a very similar situation on the Smarthome forum, but unfortunately not with a clear understandable resolution? Other than waiting a couple days/hours?

[URL]http://forum.smarthome.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15630[/URL]

I did also just perform a network reset on the hub, with no change. Still ok for switches and cams when on the network at home, but outside of the network, cannot get to switches.

**One other note, but this did not change from working to not working, I have a Voip adapter between my cable modem and router. The Voip adapter gives an address to the router of 192.168.2.100 always, since it is the only thing connected to it, and that IP address is set as DMZ in the adapter to let everything through. This is what was needed to get the cameras working, but something obvious went screwy with the switches.

**One more note, is this was at least coincident with adding four more dimmer switches to my setup. I did not access remotely for a few days prior to adding, so can't be sure if this is related in any way.
    Last edited by Corto; 05-27-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Update for anyone who cares -- in looking at the Windows 10 Hub App and the remote access guide built in, once you select a router brand it generally says to go into the router mgt console, see what IP address the router gave the hub (in my case xxxxxx.13, already set static) and physically assign it a different static one (I did xxxx.81). Also says to open TCP/UDP port 25105. All of this seems to contradict the 2245s abilities compared to the previous models. I don't know if that doc in the Win 10 app is current, but I did it anyway, and remote access now works for me.

I have to say, after now being about $450 into this Insteon stuff, I am much less pleased than I hoped both in some strange operations, remote access, the pain of getting cameras to work with the hub and recently another issue with sunrise/sunset schedule not working.

I mainly bought this because of an upcoming international trip as a way to monitor and control the house and replace dumb timers. Now I'm worried I'll get to my destination and the Insteon hardware might just decide to be unreachable and also decide it doesn't feel like running my schedules either!

Comment

Working...
      X