Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Up Complex Schedules

Hi all,

Put in my system a few days ago. Am happy with the operation. One big reason was for when we go on vacation to allow for the hub to control the lights to provide a lived in look. Normally, I would have used timers, which allowed for multiple programs per timer, i.e. the light is was attached to could turn on from 4-5PM, then from 9-11PM, etc.

If I wanted to setup some lights to be on during the green periods shown on the picture, do I need to create a scene for every unique period and then enable a schedule for that scene for the appropriate times? So in my example, I would be creating 6 scenes?

It seems like a bear to do and in reading some forum entries, it seems that is the only real way to do it at this point. I was hoping (hopeful) for future improvements in the app to do something like the chart I drew. Let me make [B]one[/B] scene with all my lights in it an interactively simply drag bars across 24 hours for each light for the time I want it on, and just have to schedule that one scene.

Thanks,

Mike
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I got the latest Insteon hub (I assume) from Costco in a home starter kit. Looks like I'll have to create multiple scenes, or otherwise a burglar would be pretty darn suspicious of all lights turning on and off at the same exact time!

I see ISY is a different controller, but are there any other software apps, free or paid, that can run with the Insteon hub and provide more features over and above the stock Insteon app that you'd recommend?

Comment

Which Insteon Hub? (there are three)
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The hub is a 2245-222. Thanks.

Interesting idea on the ramp rate.

Comment

Working...
        X