ISY Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY Set Up

I am setting up my Smart home and would like to upgrade to the ISY. I am not sure what ISY I need to buy. Can anyone make a recommendation?
    I am currently using the Insteon hub with Harmony Smart Home Remote. My Harmony Remote must still work with my home and Insteon devices.

If you have not asked in the UDI Forums.
    They could be another source of help. In addition to the information here.
    [url]http://forum.universal-devices.com/index.php[/url]

Comment

Technically the isy does not work with the Harmony Hub. Depending on your technical expertise with Rasberry Pi, you may be able to get it working with it but the ISY does not work out of the box with harmony. While it may be possible to continue to use your hub with the ISY, depending on how you have the ISY set up, this could impact your system since the ISY would not be aware of any changed to your device status.

With that said, I would go with the ISY Zwave version. item# 12242db. This would allow you to incorporate zwave devices in the future should they have something that you want but Insteon does not have.

Comment

It should be noted Harmony support is underway via the ISY Portal. There is no ETA as to when this aspect will be fully operational and on line.
        Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Gents,
          Thank you for responding and the information.

Comment

If your budget is restricted and you don't need Z-Wave now, it's easy to add the Z-Wave module later. In fact, you can get the basic ISY and update to the Pro if and when you need to.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Good info. Thank you. I just need to confirm that I can get my Harmony Smart Home Remote working with the ISY and Insteon. It seems I need to do some more research.

Comment

Harmony remotes are not compatible with the ISY. Third party solutions are available, for example, IFTTT. [url]http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/18915-harmony-smart-home-remote/[/url]
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I am very confused and determined to figure this out. Why does Harmony claim compatibility with ISY994i/ir on there web site? I can't find anyone on the forums that thinks it is compatible.

Comment

[QUOTE=Homeautoguy;n85246]I am very confused and determined to figure this out. Why does Harmony claim compatibility with ISY994i/ir on there web site? I can't find anyone on the forums that thinks it is compatible. [/QUOTE]

Could you offer a reference link that makes this claim? As I stated UDI the makers of the ISY-994 Series Controller is working on integrating Harmony into their cloud hosted portal service at some later date. There isn't a current ETA of when this will be completed but its on the road map. Currently the UDI team is hard at work to complete support on multi channel support for Z-Wave.

Once that is done their focus will be on their next generation of 5.XX firmware which offers more support for nodes / variable support.
                    Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

The Harmony is compatible with the ISY IR receiver only, not devices nor scenes nor programs.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n85264[/ATTACH] [QUOTE=EVIL Teken;n85249]

Could you offer a reference link that makes this claim? As I stated UDI the makers of the ISY-994 Series Controller is working on integrating Harmony into their cloud hosted portal service at some later date. There isn't a current ETA of when this will be completed but its on the road map. Currently the UDI team is hard at work to complete support on multi channel support for Z-Wave.

Once that is done their focus will be on their next generation of 5.XX firmware which offers more support for nodes / variable support.[/QUOTE]
                        Attached Files

Comment

I sent a screen capture from Harmony compatibility tool. They claim compatibility.
                          Stu - What does this mean if there compatible, BUT not with devices, scenes, or programs.

Comment

The screenshot shows it is compatible with the ISY994i/IR.
                            In that case you would have to point the Harmony at the IR994i/IR's built in IR receiver.
                            I did a search for the ISY994i models with out IR support and it said not compatible.
                            The search tool does show Insteon support. With the Harmony Hub and a 2245-222 Insteon Hub.
                            Other model Insteon Hubs show as not compatible.

Comment

Harmony is compatible if using the ir version and you point your remote are the ISY. The Harmony hub itself is not compatible.

Comment

Working...
                              X