Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HouseLinc and Hub App issues.

Just a few questions.
    After successfully phase coupling the house I'm having the following issues and need some advice.
    My apple devices and Hub app find all devices. Except X-10 devices.
    My Houselinc, which initially found the hub 2242-222 when the house phases were not coupled , DOES NOT see or find the hub, so I cannot ADD or find and devices.
    ► Can you only USE one or the other ? iphone Hub App or HouseLinc ?
    ► My hub app does NOT save ANY start times on any device. After 'saving' and 'DONE'--- the start time goes blank.. why is that?
    ► Any reason the app cannot find X-10 lamp modules on A-5 or A-3 ? It never finds 'em.
    ► Where does the hub app save these settings and devices ? I'm assuming → in the 2242-222 HUB..?
    Thanks for any help.
    SB

I just sold all my X-10 stuff, to UPGRADE to INSTEON -- LOL
    I have the 2242 and the hub app does have the option to add X-10. So does the HouseLinc which I found does work along side, or separately, from the app. HouseLinc does see all my devices (and X-10) now after some manual inputs.So X-10 is working on HouseLinc, haven't tried the app yet.

My big question is ~
    My hub app does NOT save ANY start times for any device. After 'saving' and 'DONE'--- the start time goes away and is blank.. why is that? (iphone app)

Comment

HouseLinc cannot "see" X10 modules. You have to create the house and unit code. HL will respond to and can send codes you create, You can even create and manipulate an X10 house and unit code for a device that doesn't exist.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks TFitz - I'm trying to set/ ENABLE a simple on/ off schedule for an Insteon Light switch.(outdoor lights). NOT A SCENE-
        The hub app allows me to 'edit device " and schedule days of the week and an ON time and and OFF time. EVERY time I SAVE this setting the START time or ON time never sticks. It disappears and goes blank --:-- . I'm Using an iphone and ipad app.
        I also cant find where to schedule and OFF time in HouseLinc.. I found ON time - and HL tells device to come on,and it does, but where is the OFF time.?

p.s STUviews- HL did find one of my X-10 devices. And controls it.
        Last edited by SpocksBeard; 04-21-2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=TFitzpatri8;n85024]What's the model number of the device you want to schedule?

ITS ALL DEVICES.. BUT Lets use the THE LAMPLINC PLUG IN LAMP DIMMER - 2457D2 or the TOGGLELINC V2 2466DW-

Can you check settings, about Insteon for Hub, and tell me what the app ver., build, device, iOS ver., and screen say?

APP VER 1.13.0 \ BUILD 314 \ IPHONE6 \ VER 9.2 \ SCREEN 320X568

Then go back to schedules, scroll down to unscheduled items, select that Insteon switch, then On Time. Tap time of day, set the time for 4 minutes from the current time on your device, tap Done, then tap Save. That should return you to the list of schedules, now including that device and time.

Does it? Does the switch turn on as scheduled?[/QUOTE]

NO it does NOT .. THE TIME WAS SET (4 MINS IN THE FUTURE) after 4 mins has past, I check the Device Schedules (where it was saved) and the time has disappeared and its back in the Unscheduled Items.
          It's like it never saved it.
          Last edited by SpocksBeard; 04-22-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

The app may not be reading your location properly to turn off via schedules. Go to your settings>house (I think. You will want to go wherever it gives you the option to set location.) Change the location to a place other than where you are. After you save that, Repeat with your actual location.

Comment

Frustrating, that location change did NOT work-
              The iPhone APP for HUB will simply NOT save the ON time. WHY is that.? It keeps the OFF time for all devices..BUT not the on or start time. ! Very frustrating.! Anyone else experience this ? HELP ~

Comment

Insteon support says that this issues in a common and know fact with the older 2242. (YAY an answer) He advised upgrading to a 2245, selling all x-10 devices as none will work with the 2245 and just using the hub app for simple on /off commands → ok, I'm getting somewhere :D

Comment

Working...
                X