New HD Camera #56 and Hub2245 - Cannot View on Wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HD Camera #56 and Hub2245 - Cannot View on Wifi

I recently purchased an Insteon Hub 2245-222 and HD Camera Device #56 and cannot get the camera to view through the insteon app. I have installed the Hub and the camera appears on the Device List but there is a grey line through the camera icon and no images can be viewed. I am using an Apple Extreme Air router and don't know if this is a port forwarding error or not. I have not changed any settings yet on the router. Any help would be appreciated, I am very new to the Hub and so far have not had much luck.

I am having the same issue with Android. I called tech support and they told me it is an issue with android operating systems. I have the software installed on my iPad and I can see my HD camera and my standard definition cameras through the Hub. I had some challenges with the HD camera software when I was installing it last week. Every time I tried to reboot the camera after making my changes the camera would disappear from the Camera IP tool. So I installed it with the default settings except for userID and password. This worked for me. I was able to go in and make changes after I got it connected to the HUB. If you have not been to Portforward.com I would recommend it for getting your ports configured, I used this site when I set up the original cameras last year. Good luck.

Comment

I spoke with the Insteon Tech support and it sounded like I had a bad device. They sent out a new one and now everything is working. The tech support group at Insteon was very helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X