Manual use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual use

After installing the new unit I have noticed that the two dimmer modules will not work by manually using the switch on the lamps. This is because the dimmer modules are off or showing red. So..does this mean anytime someone wants to use the lights manually I have to have the modules turned on? If this is the case, then I cannot control the lights from the app until I turn the lamp back on.

Depending upon what model year or firmware is in the Lamp Linc Module. Load sense can be turned on / off you can find that information in the full users manual.

I believe there is a manual method to enable it as well as via software.
    Teken . . .

Comment

Great. I will check into this. Thanks. I am happy to know it is possible. My only concern is my wife being able to use the switch on the lamp. She prefers the manual way of the tech way.

Comment

You have to leave the local lamp switch On. So you can remotely control it.
        If yours has Local Control Sensing. Turning the lamp switch from On to Off and then back to On will turn the module On. If it was Off.
        If the wife turns Off the lamp switch. It will not go On even if you turn the module On and the LED is Green. Since the lamps switch is Off.

Comment

Sorry I am very new to this. So what would be the best way to accomplish this? I want her to be able to control the lights manually. Is there a better solution to this?

Comment

The on-line Owner's Manual has instructions for enabling Load Sense.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

If it is the 2457D2 LampLinc. There are a set of local buttons to turn it on and off. Though you have to be able to access them physically to do it.
              How about a RemoteLinc to turn them on and off.
              [url]http://home-automation.smarthome.com/search?w=remotelinc%202[/url]

Comment

I do see that buttons to turn it off and on but that would require getting behind the couch every time. I do not want that. Not sure it matters but these are the dimmer modules that come with the kit.

Comment

With a dimmer.
                  A tap of the up arrow turns it On and holding it brightens it.
                  A tap of the down arrow turns it Off and holding it dims it down.

See if the RemoteLinc models maybe OK with your wife. It can be linked to the Lamp Modules and them they can be turned On,Off, Brightened and Dimmed.
                  There is a table top stand available. There is a single On Off button model. Along with two multiple button models.

Comment

Working...
                  X