2 Dimmers, 1 Light. Push-ON/Push-OFF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Dimmers, 1 Light. Push-ON/Push-OFF?

I'm about to buy a couple of dimmer switches to control 1 light (eventually will use 4 switches for 1 light). Is there such a thing as an Insteon push-on, push-off dimmer switch with LED so you always have a single target to hit for on or off?

An 8-button KeypadLinc can do that. So can any 6-button secondary button.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

So the cheapest way to do this would be to buy four 6-button controllers for $320, and to have 20 unused buttons (or think up something to do with them)?

Shouldn't I be able to do this with an ISY? Say, any push of a standard dimmer, either on or off, would toggle the lamp?

I was thinking ... with an ISY, why would anyone want to hard link a controller to a responder?
      Last edited by Wingsy; 01-20-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

The ISY does not communicate with non-home automation devices such as a standard dimmer.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

[QUOTE=stusviews;n37653]The ISY does not communicate with non-home automation devices such as a standard dimmer.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me. I meant a standard "Insteon" dimmer.

Comment

An ISY can accomplish what you want if and only if the SwitchLinc dimmer is not wired to the load.

Comment

Working...
            X