No announcement yet.

Problems with Scenes Using Sunset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having a similar problem. I want to turn off a lamp at sunrise. When I'm setting up the scene and choose Sunrise the time displayed on the bottom of the dialog is 16:46AM. Does this make sense to anyone? 4:46 AM sounds about right this time of year, but that is not when the lamp goes off. The lamp is off when I come home from work after 5:00 PM or should I say 17:00AM? I believe the Hub has a problem telling time. Is there anything I can do, or do I need to go back to my old X10 system?

Comment

Remarkable I have the same problem in 2017! Guess this sunset issues has never been resolved.

Comment

2018 And the problem still exists

Comment

Just curious what systems you're all using. The new-ish 2245-222 hub? Or the original first-gen PLM/hub? I don't experience this problem with the Insteon app for my 2245-222 hub. Have you properly defined your location? We all needed to reset that sometime within the last year, I believe.

Comment

I have the newish hub and still have this problem

Comment

In theory, you should be able to turn any scene with any devices on or off any time you'd like. I don't believe that scenes have an actual "state" associated with them. You don't have to turn "off" a scene before turning it on again. I do this all the time with mine. If you trigger the sunrise manually (from an app) sometime after the sunset scene has fired, does the sunrise scene work properly?

As an aside, a better way of defining "off" scenes,, though, might be to set the desired level for the devices in your Sunset scene, for example, to "Off"—then triggering that scene on or off should have the same result—turning off all the included devices.

Comment

I have the 2245-222 hub. It's a refurb unit after the original failed, but scheduling doesn't seem to work; none of my scenes trigger with the replacement unit.

Comment

Working...
                X