New Hub, Username / Password???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hub, Username / Password???

I'm frustrated with a brand new Insteon 2245-222 hub. I downloaded the Android "INSTEON" app (version 1.6.2) through the Amazon site (since the Google play one wouldn't connect to the router). In working my way through the app wizard, I'm blocked by the dialog for Username / Password. I have tried the ones supplied on the sticker the bottom of the hub. I have tried multiple combinations of "Admin", "Password", blank fields, my account login (although the username field is too short for my email address), and even my Wi-Fi credentials. Nothing works.

I tried the factory and network resets and repeated the password dance each time.

More details: Router = Netgear N450 CG3000Dv2, internet access is working both on PC and android. Android is connected via Wi-Fi, hub has greenish-yellow light on front, green flickering _solid orange on rear. No accessory devices have been connected. I have re-installed the app 3 times. I have not deleted my account (cannot figure out how).

Chat support is not working today. Any ideas? Thanks!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I think your SOL like everyone else. Check the reviews in the play store and see that since 12/22 no one can "find the Internet" with the INSTEON app. I know someone with an older hub and he says it has a built in management webpage that seems to missing in the new version of the hub. That's probably what your old version of the app is trying to authenticate to.
    I think we're all waiting for someone from INSTEON to come back to work and turn on whatever server crashed so that app will "find the internet".

If you figure it out please post.

Comment

Just saw customer updates in this post with good info about reported Insteon outage. [url]http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-to-insteon/33354-no-wan-connection[/url]

Comment

The User ID and Password are on the label on the HUB. This will move you further into getting the hub to connect to the internet. If you have installed the App from Amazon you will need to set up a static IPS and Port. If you have installed the App from Google, it should set up the connection for you. I don't know what or why there is a difference. I just spent a lot of time installing and uninstalling the Apps until I got everything to work. You would think the set up instructions would have said something about this. If Insteon wasn't so interested in instructions containing stupid pictures and actually provided real instruction, none of us would be having these problems.

Comment

Working...
        X