Phone call to tech support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone call to tech support

I can't believe i just sat on hold for 1 hour and 11 minutes to have someone finally pick up and immediately hang up.

Setting up my new hub and 1 camera is nearly impossible given the conflicting instructions on-line and in app.

This is ridiculous!

Post the problem you are having. Provide as much detail as you can.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I'm having similar frustrations...

First the hub wouldn't take the password. Somehow that eventually decided to start working. Not sure how, since I didn't change anything. It was problematic on multiple devices.

Next up was setting up the camera. The instructions don't match my camera at all. The documentation looks like it's about 10 years out-of-date. Useless.

I managed to get the camera setup somehow, but I have never been able to connect to the hub app. The hub app finds the camera, but with the wrong port (0 instead of 34100). I try to connect with my username/password and it tells me, "The username and password for this camera is incorrect." I try manual setup with the port from the IP tool and I get, "Could not connect to camera. Please verify IP and port try again." Nice grammar by the way. This app murders the English language :-( No dice there.

I figured it was a firmware issue, so I tried to figure out how to update the firmware. Did I mention the documentation is outdated? I'm fighting an up-hill battle and I don't have a chance. I don't even know where to begin to check my firmware or download the latest.

Finally, I gave up. I'm able to connect to the camera via the browser... most of the time. Sometimes it decides I can't sign in and I have no options to resolve it. Restarting my computer doesn't help. Power-cycling the camera doesn't help. This has been the worst technology experience of my life. I have a useless hub, I can't use apps, and I'm stuck with the oldest, crappiest browser-based interface to use my camera that only works 60% of the time. So far, this has all been a massive waste of time, energy, and money.

Comment

Working...
      X