New Insteon Hub II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Insteon Hub II

I just received a new Smarthome catalog yesterday, and it has a new Insteon Hub II in the catalog. I don't see any information on the Smarthome website or even on the Insteon website. What are the differences, improvements, and/or features of this "New" hub?

It is not showing on the sales web site yet.
    There are a few threads on varrious forums on the new HUB.
    It is in the FCC Database with internal and external photos.
    The Quick Users Guide and Full Users Manuals are on the Insteon Manuals web page.
    2245-222 HUB (2014).

[URL]http://www.insteon.com/support.html[/URL]
    Last edited by BLH; 11-19-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Hey Guys,

The Hub II is currently only available in Menard's stores. It will be available through other retailers within the next couple of months. Have a great day!

Taylor

Comment

How about Smarthome as it is prominently listed in catalog 132A?

Comment

I would like to know what the long term plans are for this HUB II? Some basic questions if you could answer Taylor if you please.

1. Is this device being sold for $39.99?
          2. Has this device dropped X10 legacy support and if so why?
          3. Will this device at any point in time be able to add House Link diagnostics and conditional logic?
          4. Will this new HUB II be ready and able to support Apples Home Kit as it was stated in Smartlabs announcement page?
          5. Can this device ever be updated to be used locally with out the aid of the cloud?
          6. It was mentioned this newly released HUB II is more powerful in COM's can you confirm this and if so what is the output now?

Teken . . .
          Teken . . .

Comment

Hey Guys,

Here are some answers to those questions.

Yes, but at launch it will only be available in starter kits.

Yes, it has been dropped. Back in 2005 when Insteon was first launched, it was the backwards compatibility that helped existing X10 users upgrade at their own pace. Now that we have 10 years behind us, it’s time to look to the future.

3. Will this device at any point in time be able to add House Link diagnostics and conditional logic?
            There are no plans for HouseLinc support. Conditional logic is a feature that is being looked at but I don’t have information to share beyond that.

4. Will this new HUB II be ready and able to support Apples Home Kit as it was stated in Smartlabs announcement page?
            We are working on a HomeKit bridge device which is different from Hub 2.

5. Can this device ever be updated to be used locally with out the aid of the cloud?
            Not at this time.

6. It was mentioned this newly released HUB II is more powerful in COM's can you confirm this and if so what is the output now?
            The range has been increased by over 50%

Taylor

Comment

Fanlinc support?

Comment

With no conditional support and HouseLinc not being developed any further, the Hub II is overpriced.
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

[QUOTE=Taylor_InsteonSupport;n28272] Hey Guys,

Here are some answers to those questions.

Yes, but at launch it will only be available in starter kits.

Yes, it has been dropped. Back in 2005 when Insteon was first launched, it was the backwards compatibility that helped existing X10 users upgrade at their own pace. Now that we have 10 years behind us, it’s time to look to the future.

There are no plans for HouseLinc support. Conditional logic is a feature that is being looked at but I don’t have information to share beyond that.

We are working on a HomeKit bridge device which is different from Hub 2.

Not at this time.

The range has been increased by over 50%

Taylor[/QUOTE]

Hello Taylor,

I thank you so very much for your insight and replies.

Teken . . .
                  Teken . . .

Comment

Can anyone tell me if the 2245-222 supports Fanlinc?

Comment

Guess I'll find out tomorrow as that is when mine will arrive.

Comment

Working...
                      X