Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling house - how to transfer insteon to new owner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling house - how to transfer insteon to new owner?

How does the new owner gain control of insteon when he moves in?

What controller?
    Like a HUB, ISY994i or all manually linked?

Comment

[QUOTE=John Garner;n114350]How does the new owner gain control of insteon when he moves in?[/QUOTE]

I am not and expert But I just want to say If you're moving into a home that already has an Insteon home automation system installed, there are a few steps you can take to gain control of the system:[LIST=1][*]Identify the existing Insteon components: The first step is to identify all of the existing Insteon components in the home. This may include light switches, outlets, thermostats, and other devices.[*]Check for an existing Insteon hub or controller: The Insteon system is typically controlled through a hub or controller device. Check to see if there is an existing hub or controller in the home. If there is, you may be able to use it to control the system.[*]Reset the Insteon components: If you are unable to gain control of the existing Insteon hub or controller, you may need to reset the Insteon components in the home. To do this, you will need to follow the reset instructions for each device. This will remove any previous configurations and allow you to start fresh.[*]Set up a new Insteon hub or controller: Once the Insteon components have been reset, you can set up a new Insteon hub or controller in the home. This will allow you to control the Insteon devices through a smartphone app or other interface.[*]Program the Insteon devices: After the new hub or controller is set up, you will need to program the Insteon devices in the home to work with the new system. This may involve assigning device IDs, creating scenes, and setting up schedules.[/LIST]
      It's important to note that if you're not familiar with home automation systems, it may be helpful to consult with a professional installer or Insteon dealer to help you set up the system and ensure that everything is working properly.
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-07-2023, 11:18 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
      X