Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting up togglelinc relay switch.

Hello Everyone,

I just found my insteon hub that my wife had gotten me a while back and i didnt really do much with it. I finally got around to playing with it and seeing if this is the way we want to go for our smart home stuff and im running into a problem im hoping someone can help me with. i tried insteon support but they were really no help.

I bought an insteon smart on/off toggle switch or toggle linc relay is what its called. I hooked it up and connected it by pressing the button on the bottom then went into the app and clicked on wired device and hit next and it found it. i programmed it to turn on and off my front porch lights. and initially it would only turn them off then after more playing with it, i got it to turn them on. it however never turned them on when i wanted them on. even though in the app i had it for a specific time. it also wouldnt really turn them on from the app when i manually clicked on it.

I tried to reset everything and delete it all and start from scratch and now my toggle link wont link back up with my app or the hub. can anyone assist me on this.

Thanks

The switch is a 2466 ToggleLinc Relay?
    That switch is an older power line only Insteon Switch
    It maybe possible you have a power line issue.
    Maybe the switch is on one of the two incoming power lines and the HUB is on the other line.

I don't use a HUB so I can not say about programming.

Comment

Working...
    X