Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Home without Wi-Fi

Hello,

I was looking for smart switches witch work with powerline and i found Insteon.

How i can filter “non dual band” devices? I want them to work only with powerline - not wifi or RF.

Maybe RF will need only cross phases.

The only powerline switches Insteon would have is the 2466DW and 2466SW togglelinc switches. The paddles switches are either dual band or RF only.

Comment

thanks for giving information about 2466SW or DW
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-21-2023, 10:51 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

All you have to do is plug in the Z-Wave or Zigbee stick into the Hubitat to have your devices connected for complete local access. Other smart home hub options include Wink and SmartThings. These too can offer the same level of local connectivity without needing the internet.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-21-2023, 10:49 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Wink is useless for the record. If you need power line then an ISY with a serial PLM (you can get both on eBay) and Insteon will do the trick. You can also use Home Assistant with Insteon but it is more complicated.

Comment

Working...
          X