Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New insteon Hub with x10

Hello.
    I am new to this forum. I bought last week a new insteon hub , more precisely the 2242-442 model. I got it to upgrade my home automation system that is so far mainly x10 devices that have been working without a problem for the last 12 years. The problem hapened when my x10 RF transceiver module ( PLC-T 4023G) stop working for good and it´s dificult to find one these days. My new Hub is working fine with my x10 devices on channel A, but my devices on other house codes ( B, C, D, etc...) are not activating. What am I missing? Any guidance would be apreciated. Thanks

The 2242-442 is the UK Version. So are we talking use in the UK, with the UK X10 RF frequency being used?
    What software are you using to add X10 addresses and modules to the HUB?
    Not familiar with a PLC-T-2403G is it a controller that you programmed to do X10 timers and Scenes? Did it also have an x10 RF transceiver in it to use X10 RF devices like a remote?
    Last edited by BLH; 04-11-2021, 04:25 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=TFitzpatri8;n113500]The Insteon Hub is not a transceiver. It does not receive or broadcast any x10 RF signals at all, it only transmits limited x10 power line signals.[/QUOTE]

I know that. But i use my phone to send signals through the hub to the power line. My problem is only signals in channel A are passing through. Channel B and C I´m also using are not working. Before I used my RF x10 remote to send signals to my transceiver.

Comment

You may want to temporarily. Keeping the same location. Set one of the A House Code modules to B or C. To see if you have a power line signal issue. To the locations normally B or C.
        You didn't verify you are in the UK. I believe that are 230Volts 50 Cycles and don't have split phase feeds like we do here in the US. To have a phase coupling issue.

Comment

Not in the UK, but Europe. Portugal actually. 230 volts 50hz, yes. My active home software still works and triggers B, and C channels. But I'll try that .

Comment

The European interfaces are different. The US ones are strictly 120V 60 Cycles. 310MHz RF.
            The European X10 controllers do have some features we don't have here and software features. Along with different part numbers.
            The older CM11A using Active Home was strictly power line.
            The CM15A for Active Home Pro. Has both X10 RF and power line communications but unlike Insteon Dual Band does not send both power line and RF.
            X10 transceivers only receive X10 RF commands and put them onto the power lines. That do not resent commands by RF.

Comment

Yes I have CM15A for AHP. I can see insteon triggering devices in active home but nothing locally, besides channel A wich are lights. My shuters are on cannel B and there are 10 of them. they don´t work with Insteon hub.

Comment

CM15A? That is a US model. 120VAC 60Cycles and RF frequency of 310MHz.
                Probably not what your country uses.
                It may also be. The 2442.442 has a lower X10 signal output. So its signal may not be getting to the effected X10 modules.
                Last edited by BLH; 04-14-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=BLH;n113530]CM15A? That is a US model. 120VAC 60Cycles and RF frequency of 310MHz.
                  Probably not what your country uses.
                  It may also be. The 2442.442 has a lower X10 signal output. So its signal may not be getting to the effected X10 modules.[/QUOTE]

Right. Mine is CM15 230v 50Hz

Comment

OK. The 'A' on the end of the part number means US.

Comment

Working...
                    X