6 button Insteon keypad (2334) ON/OFF switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 button Insteon keypad (2334) ON/OFF switches

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]I installed a 6 button Insteon keypad (2334). Was able to set up the 4 buttons to control various lights.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]I’d like to have the ON button turn all 4 lights ON and the OFF button turn all 4 lights OFF. Unfortunately, I cannot figure it out from the instructions.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]Thanks for your help,[/COLOR][/FONT]

Are all 4 lights connected to the Load connection or connected to other Insteon Modules controlled by the KPL?

Comment

the 4 lights are controlled by other switches. I just programmed the 4 buttons on the 6 button keypad to operate those lights.
      THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Comment

Are you using a controller? Like a HUB or ISY994i, Manual Set Button sequences?

Comment

[SIZE=12px][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]It’d be great if there is a way to set the ON/OFF buttons manually (this is how I set the 4 buttons); or even with an Insteon hub, as I have one on order, mostly for fun as I have 8 Insteon keypads around the house. [/COLOR]
          [COLOR=black]In an answer to an almost identical question, someone on forum dot smarthome dot com posted the following, which seems unnecessarily complex: [/COLOR]

[I][COLOR=black]"It can be done with the hub but it's quite complicated to do it properly and there will be some holes. The ISY or equivalent advanced controller is much better suited for this type of task.

I would start by putting the kpl in 8 button mode. This will separate the on/off buttons from each other. Then add it to the hub.

Once done, create a scene with what is now your "new" A/B buttons set as both so they control each other(currently the large top buttons would cover it). This will effectively give you back your 1 big button at the top of the kpl.

You will do the same for the bottom 2 (G and H) buttons. This will give you the large button at the bottom. Same setup with the controls separated.

You would then create scenes for the rest of your buttons with the devices that you wish. Your current A-D buttons would show up as C-F. When creating your scenes, add the G and H buttons to those scenes as well so the bottom buttons turn on when in use"[/COLOR][/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
          X