Newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Newbie question (the Insteon system in my house was installed by previous owner, 10 years or more ago. There is no hub and no controller)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Hall light number 1: used to be controlled by a button in one of two 8-button keypads. The button in one of the keypads doesn’t turn the light on/off anymore. Other buttons in that keypad still work. Is there a way to link the button still on the other keypad to the non-working button (or to an unused button)?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Hall light number 2: used to be controlled by a button in an 8-button keypad and also by an (old, no LEDs on the side) Insteon wall switch. Just like the previous issue, the keypad button doesn’t turn the light on/off anymore. Other buttons in that keypad still work. After watching some youtube videos I tried to link the Insteon wall switch to a button in the keypad. Not only that I failed to link, but I disabled (reset?) the wall switch and now that light cannot be operated AT ALL (not by the keypad and not by the wall switch). Any advice?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Last edited by drdigital1; 10-17-2020, 10:08 AM.

Can you find the model numbers of the Insteon Devices? Switches are usually on a sticker on the front side of the switch.
    Than you can find the full users manuals for the models you have.
    Are they a dimmer type or On Off relay type switch? The early 2457S wall switches had a different method to reset them. As they had no Air Gap switch to remove the power to the switch when fully pulled out.

Comment

If you intend to keep and use the Insteon devices, My suggestion would be to get the Insteon Hub. It’s a relatively small investment and allows you to program the connections much easier than on the individual device.

Comment

Working...
      X