Motion Sensors 2488-222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensors 2488-222

I am new to Insteon coming from old X10 stuff. On the old X10 Motion Sensors, I could adjust the "OFF" command time. Is that possible with this sensor?

Are you sure of the part number?
    2842-222 or 2420M is the part number for the original Insteon Motion Sensor.
    [URL]https://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2842-222-en.pdf[/URL]
    The manual shows what is available manually. It can be set to different timeouts with software and the default is one minute.

2844-222 Is the Insteon Motion Sensor 2. Not to sure what can be set through software.
    [url]https://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/2844-222-en-v2.pdf[/url]
    Last edited by BLH; 08-16-2020, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Looked at the 2842-222 and 2844-222 manuals. The Insteon APP can modify the settings. So they can be set probably through software. Not button pushing sequences.

Comment

Do I have to have one of their hubs to do that or can it be done via the HomeSeer program?

Comment

I am not familiar with HomeSeer and its capabilities. So I can't say if it can change the sensors settings. The HomeSeer forums or software help section may give you more information.

I saw a plug in for Insteon Lights and Insteon Thermostats. I did not see any Insteon listed in the Sensor Section of the comparability web page.

HomeSeer would most likely need an Insteon Interface module like a 2413U USB or 2413S Serial Port PLM. They should have information on their web site.
          Last edited by BLH; 08-19-2020, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Looked at the HomeSeer site.
            The Insteon Plug In is for HS3 and is no longer supported. Now $0.00
            Most Plug Ins work with HS4 with some HS4 features not working.
            Uses an Insteon Dual Band 2413U USB PLM. So both Insteon Power Line and RF can be used.
            The SkyLink (2420M, 2842-222) Motion Sensor is mentioned. What it can change is not mentioned.
            There is no mention of the new Insteon 2844-222 Motion Sensor.

Comment

Working...
            X