Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Timer Startup Question/Problem

Hello group.

After decades I scraped my X-10 lighting controllers, and received 15 lamp modules and a 5 pack of 8 button mini-remotes. The Hub is being shipped this week and wasn't in the original shipment.

I followed directions and programmed two of the five remotes exactly the same.

If I double click "a" on Remote #1, the lights come on. Double click again on the same remote, the lights go off. - fine
    If I use the other Remote #2, double click on "a" and nothing happens. I need to double click [I]twice[/I] for Remote #2 to operate.

This happens on all scene buttons on both remotes, back and forth.

Thank you,
    Lee

Oh, well, that's interesting. Not the desired operation I'd expected.

It means if I'm on another floor, or in a different part of the house, I have to remember whether I used the "1" or "2" remote the last time I switched that scene. Does it operate that way when using the app?

Thank you for the prompt answer.
    Last edited by LeeSoFL; 07-18-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=LeeSoFL;n111929]Oh, well, that's interesting. Not the desired operation I'd expected.

It means if I'm on another floor, or in a different part of the house, I have to remember whether I used the "1" or "2" remote the last time I switched that scene. Does it operate that way when using the app?

Thank you for the prompt answer.[/QUOTE]

This is why I only use the remote as a 4 button. No matter what happened prior, the remote will always send an on or an off command depending on what button is pressed. In a sense, everything stays in sync. Since remotes do not talk to each other, when using multiple forms of control (with an 8 button remote), 1 (or more) will always be out of sync. Using an app doesnt change that. Due to the nature of the app, it will always work properly. However the remotes will not.

Comment

Thanks again for the comments, learning as I go.

Be well.

Comment

Can't wait to start playing around. I'm looking to this as a new in-home hobby that can occupy some time.

I'd much prefer the old life, but this is so "now."

Good luck to us all.

Comment

I am a first time Insteon user. We acquired a home with 10 - 8 button key pads. How do I clear out all the old settings? They are all 2334-222.

Comment

thanks for the info I will try.the controller meaning the 8 button device and the responder the actual switch for a on/off dimmer switch correct

Comment

Working...
              X