Smoke Bridge - Supported First Alert models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Bridge - Supported First Alert models

There are a number of First Alert "Interconnected" or "wireless" products. Are the only Smoke Bridge compatible products the ones that are listed as "OneLink"? Or will any first alert wireless/interconnected product work?

Only the two First Alert OneLink referenced in the Smarthome web page will connect and link to the Insteon Smoke Bridge.
    Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

The ones for sale on smarthome.com are compatible. You might find them cheaper on amazon.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Onelink detectors will bridge the other First Alert wireless devices?

Comment

Is this related to the status unknown problem?

Comment

I installed several of the hardwire smoke detectors w/"Wireless Interconnect" (SA521CN) models that work with the Smoke bridge. I realize now only a single detector communicates with the Smoke Bridge and relays all the other wireless interconnect devices. Which makes me wonder. All the hardwire models, even the ones that use only the red wire for Interconnect and have no wireless will be detected by the Wireless Interconnect detector that is paired with the Smoke bridge. I am going to buy a hardwire only model (red wire interconnect) and see if it gets relayed to the smoke bridge via the SA521CN that is paired. Has anyone tried this? I wish I had known in advance, could have saved a few dollars only purchased a single Wireless Interconnect detector since my house is wired with the red wire for interconnect.

Comment

Working...
            X