Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here from Canada

Hello all,

New here, from Canada. Was familiar with X10..coming into the new era finally..have some questions though...

To start with, I have an application with three way switches that control 4 wall fixtures in an area. Due to a layout change of the area, I'd like to be able to control the 4 lights separately on/off/dim, and all on/off/dim..

I assume I have to replace both three ways with a keypad, but what would I need at each fixture?

Thank you
    Last edited by nbman; 12-18-2019, 04:19 AM.

Each switch would need to be an insteon device. You can use all Keypads or a combination of keypads and insteon switches

Comment

Insteon modules except the one two wire incandescent load only. Need a Line and Neutral power connection. Load connection in the electrical boxes also having the lights connected to it. If you X10 switches are two wire. You may have to reuse the travelers in you old setup to provide the needed Line or Neutral

Comment

OK, maybe my question wasn't worded properly....

I am going to replace two conventional three way switches with two Insteon 6 button keypads.

Those switches currently control a group of 4 light fixtures, wall mounted. I want the new Insteon keypads to be able to control those 4 lights separately, not as a group.

Do I need to add an Insteon embedded module at each fixture? If so, which one? I'm guessing #2475DA1, but would like to confirm.
        Last edited by nbman; 12-18-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Yes, you will need a module for each one. The 2475da1 would work. You'll want to make sure you apply constant power to the modules and then link then accordingly to the keypads

Comment

[QUOTE=lilyoyo1;n110379]Yes, you will need a module for each one. The 2475da1 would work. You'll want to make sure you apply constant power to the modules and then link then accordingly to the keypads[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the help. Merry Christmas

Comment

You're welcome. Merry Christmas to you as well

Comment

Working...
              X