Controlling Micro on/off switch with outdoor motion sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Micro on/off switch with outdoor motion sensors

I want to connect an Insteon Micro on/off switch to a regular 4-way light switch in my garage that is controlled by 2 different outdoor motion sensors. What Insteon device can I use to send the motion sensor signal back to the Insteon Micro on/off switch in my garage?

If the motion sensors are Insteon you could link the motion sensor directly to the micro module. If its a long distance you could get a access point or other dual band module to help the signal.

If the motion sensors are not Insteon you would need to see if your motion sensors have some type of output contact or control wire that you can tap into. You would then use another micro module and hook up the yellow sense wire to that output. (The micro module will still need line and neutral connection to power up the module) You would then link the micro module connected to the motion sensor to the micro module controlling the 4 way.

Comment

I was hoping that would be the answer before I spent the money. Thank you!!!

Comment

You can put the 4-way lights on insteon switches (need to disconnect the travelling wire to do this), then add mini motion sensors. With this set up, you create scenes to have the mini motion trigger the switches you desire. I have this set up on 5 of my "rooms"

Comment

Working...
        X