240V 30A Load controller Model 2477SA2 unknown status when on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

240V 30A Load controller Model 2477SA2 unknown status when on

I installed this controller to run my ceramic metal halide lights. Was working for a few months and no when they are turned on by event or through app status becomes unknown. I did notice the other day when I turned it on I immediately was able to turn it off. Not sure how long it takes to come back as unknown status. Currently is within 20ft of the hub and is the only Insteon device connected. Please any help would be appreciated.

Are the two LEDs on the front acting normally?
    Can you switch it on and off tapping the Set Button?

Comment

BHL Yes both lights I believe are acting normal. I’m not in front of it at the moment but I believe two green lights when it’s on. And one when off. The on off button on the controller does work and is the only way I can turn it off.

Comment

Tfitz I currently have two of these:
        SunStream 630W Double Bulb CMH Grow Light System Include Bulb [url]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075ZN6WWT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FnuCDbDDMK65W[/url]

they are hard wired so I’ll try removing bulbs before disconnecting and see if that works.

Comment

If it is the ballast how do I fix the issue?

Comment

As that type bulb ages in. It maybe possible it is generating noise. Though I would think their Driver Electronics would be designed to keep any bulbs noise off of the power lines. The noise filter could be absorbing the Insteon Power Line signals but I would have expected it to do it from the beginning.

Normally you would just replace the Ballast.

Your fixture is a unique one. The Ballast-Driver electronics is an OEM and you would have to buy one from them.

Their web site indicates it is supplied with a 120VAC power cord but can be used on 220VAC by changing the plug in power cord. To disconnect it you may only have to unplug the wiring from the AC input on the electronics housing.

I would be real careful if you take the bulbs out as a test. Hopefully the electronics will just see the missing bulbs and shutdown.
            Last edited by BLH; 09-06-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I removed the bulbs in the fixture and I am no longer seeing the unknown status error. Is there a way to add some type of filter to the line from the fixture? I really don’t want to have to deal with replacing the ballast.

I was thinking about when this problem started (over 5 months ago) and remember that I did install this fixture a short time before the problem started. So I should have known it was that one. .

Comment

I do have it wired to 220v.

Comment

Would something like this work:
                  [URL]https://www.smarthome.com/x10-xpf-20a-3-wire-x10-noise-filter.html[/URL]
                  it’s the first one I’ve come across so still looking for other options.

Comment

Also came across this and looks like a good option if it works and won’t take room in my junction box.

[URL]https://cdn.automationdirect.com/static/specs/torseries.pdf[/URL]

you think it would work?

Comment

Grrrr.... thought it was the problem but still same u known status error. Guess it has to be on for a couple hours before getting the error. Any ideas before I start disconnecting the loads that are hardwired in?

Comment

Grrrr.... thought it was the problem but still same u known status error. Guess it has to be on for a couple hours before getting the error. Any ideas before I start disconnecting the loads that are hardwired in?

Comment

Since you are using a 2477SA2. Your lights are being powered by 220VAC? The manufacture says 120VAC-220VAC and could be purchased with either a 120VAC or 220VAC power cord.

To use an X10 20A XPF you would need two of them. As it is a 120VAC filter. One on each Line of the 220VAC feed and Neutral. The second one from the other Line of the 220VAC Line to Neutral.
                          As you pointed out not a small sized device.

I have no experience with an X10 XPNR. I know some other users in the UDI forum used them for noise. It looks like it absorbs noise around the X10/Insteon power line frequency and is wired across the load itself. X10 indicates it is a secondary type filter. Usually used after an XPF or XPPF are not enough.
                          [URL="https://www.x10.com/x10-pro/specialty-devices/filters/xpnr-noise-reducer.html"]https://www.x10.com/x10-pro/specialt...e-reducer.html[/URL]

I don't know about the Toroid .

If you have the standard light fixture with the AC input socket on the driver. You should be able to unplug it from the AC power input. From the 2477SA2
                          Last edited by BLH; 09-08-2019, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Ok if I don’t have a load on the controller it works as it should. I turned it on and set it to automatically turn off an hour later and it did. I only tried to have one on and turn off with even hour later and it didn’t work. Will be trying the other and seeing if it will all me to turn it off an hour later. If it was you what would you do to fix this problem?

Comment

Let us know how you further tests go.
                              I will see if I can find anything suitable to isolate the fixture from the 2477SA2

Comment

Working...
                              X