New to Insteon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Insteon

I've been an X-10 user for years and am trying to migrate to Insteon for better reliability. I purchased a 2245 hub and several plug-in modules. I have 2 lights in the living room that I've added to a scene. I can't get the scene to trigger on at the programmed time, but the lights will go off at the proper time. Here's my confusion: Each device has an on and off time setting, but the scene also has its own time setting, which can't be the same as the start time of either light. For this simple scene, please clarify what I might be missing. I think the device/scene timing is not set correctly. Thanks.

The scene should be on a timer not the individual devices

Comment

The Hub logic only allows for one time to be set across all devices and scenes. If you have more than one device that needs to change state at a given time you will need to create a scene for that.

Go into each device and turn the schedules Off. Then you can create your scene and set the On/Off times that you need.

Comment

Okay, I've followed your advice. I disabled the schedules for the individual lights and set the on/off times for the scene. I also ensured that both lights are in my scene. Now neither Lights On nor Lights Off works! I double-checked the set times as well as my house location, which were both correct. It seems that the hub will communicate with either of my devices but won't talk to my scene. (However, I can tap On or Off on my smartphone and the scene works fine.) Is there some way that I might have an incorrect scene setting in the software? I'm beginning to suspect a defective hub. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Comment

You can try going into Settings -> House -> Hub Location ...and tap on find my hub. This will reset time on the Hub in case it is wrong. It is possible for the Hub app to display time correctly but have the wrong time for internal scheduling.

This scene should have both devices set as responders and their level should be On. The Schedule field should show enabled. When you tap into Schedules it should show an On and Off time and you should have some days of the weeks checked if not all.

What device are you using to set this up with?

Comment

Sean, thanks for your comments. I've actually changed the hub location to a town several hours east of here to achieve a "sunset offset." Because the hub responds to device commands at the correct times, I don't think the problem is with the location/time. Both devices are set as responders and are set to On. The schedule is enabled, and the schedule shows my desired on and off times. I'm not sure about your question about the device I am using, but the hub is the latest 2245 model and the app is on my Android phone. I'm using plug-in modules bought on Amazon.

Comment

The Andoid app has been know to have some issues with scene and schedule configuration with the Hub. If you keep having issues with this scene try to get an iOS device. Delete the scene and recreate it on that if possible.

Comment

This is not good news. Every device and scene work fine through my Android phone. It seems like the hub is at fault here. Are you saying I should buy an iPhone? Is there a less expensive alternative? Would I be able to download Insteon software to my Kindle Fire HD?

Comment

If it works don't fix it. Just trying to figure out your issue.

Comment

Um, could you clarify your last post? Please continue to help me figure our my issue. Thanks.

Comment

Make sure you hit the save button once you set your timer. Many people got done but forget to do save on the next screen

Comment

If these are still not working, and they are not tied to any other scenes I would remove the devices from the app, factory reset them and then add them again. Do not put any schedules on the individual devices after re-adding them.

Instead add them both to a scene and schedule the scene. If it still does not work after this you should consider calling into their support line.

Comment

Working...
                        X