Problems with multi-way switches and hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with multi-way switches and hub

I am a total newbie, just bought and moved in to a house previously set up by an extremely dedicated enthusiast - about 50 in-wall dimmers control interior and exterior lights and fans, control pads, I/o devices on gate and garage, ...

everything is/was working great even before I bought a new hub (without having any idea what I’m doing). I plugged it in and started walking around the house holding Dow the button and linking to my phone. I’ve successfully linked many single switches/dimmers and the I/O devices so I can control them from my phone remotely. But strange thing with 3 switches that all are linked and control exterior lights (3 sconces and an outlet with string lights): the switches work as expected but (having connected one of the switches to phone/hub) when I try to turn on using phone not all the lights come on - only the sconces but not the string lights. I may have messed something up (though I don’t think so) because I re-linked all three switches using this method: [URL]https://www.insteon.com/support-knowledgebase/2016/8/15/installing-multi-way-circuits[/URL]

can anyone think of a reason why a switch that controls multiple devices would behave differently when activated via button-press vs. via app?

please excuse my naïveté!

When you physically push the switch anything that is linked to it the switch will control. That’s because pushing the switch also send out a group command (scene).

Turning the same switch on from the app just turns the switch On but no group command.

If you want that switch and other to turn on with one with one touch then create a scene to put all the devices into it and turn the scene on and off

Comment

You may want to think about picking up an ISY994i instead of a hub for this sort of setup. It can crawl your Insteon network and discover all of the existing scenes so you can use them - the setup is more complex, but it's definitely how you want to control a network that large.

Comment

Thank you both for the suggestions - I will look into both and report back

Comment

I too had the same issue as Danimal and I was able to get a solution with these steps.

[QUOTE]When you physically push the switch anything that is linked to it the switch will control. That’s because pushing the switch also send out a group command (scene).

[COLOR=#000000]Turning the same switch on from the app [/COLOR][URL="http://www.kfss.info"][COLOR=#000000]Kroger feedback 50 fuel points[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#000000] just turns the switch On but no group command.[/COLOR]

If you want that switch and other to turn on with one touch then create a scene to put all the devices into it and turn the scene on and off [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Later i followed the steps and now it completely works.[/QUOTE]
          Last edited by arbkami; 07-06-2020, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X