Lights flash on keypad scene selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights flash on keypad scene selection

i have 2 keypad devices that are programmed via the hub to select one of 3 scenes via the lettered buttons. For example, button A on each device is programmed to turn on ceiling lights in 3 rooms at a desired dimmer level. Two of the rooms have the keypad devices as their ceiling light switch via the Main button.. When I press button A on either device, the lights turn on in all 3 rooms as expected, but the lights in one of the rooms flash twice, followed by a pause and another flash, repeating up to 5 times. The lights in the other room with the keypad do not flash. All 3 rooms have exactly the same number and type of lights.

I have verified that the scene has both button As as controllers, with all other devices as responders. Given the complexity of this configuration, I am sure there are other variables I should mention, but I'll stop here.

Any ideas or additional data you need? Thanks.

Which lights flash? The bulbs themselves, kpl bacbacklight, or at the set button?

Comment

Change all the lights in your house or make you youngest son figure this all out ;)

Comment

The flashing lights are my recessed ceiling lights, which may not be, by the way, in Insteon's approved list of leading edge LEDs.

Comment

For others who might view this... Insteon says the problem is my incompatible led lights. OK. But I noticed something that might be helpful to others who experience this problem. If the keypad is installed without a load directly connected to it (e.g. it's the non-load half of scene-based 3-way switch or is simply installed so that all buttons, including the Main ones, activate scenes without a direct load), nothing flashes. In other words, you can still use the keypad.

Comment

Working...
          X