Error HSC-1-0 when setting up brand new hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error HSC-1-0 when setting up brand new hub

I purchased a brand new Insteon Hub 2245-222 from Amazon. I plugged it into the switch on my network and powered it. There was a single beep and the LED turns green. I downloaded the app from the App Store and proceed to perform the setup. My phone was on the same network as the hub. I scanned the barcode on the bottom of the hub and I instantly receive error “HSC-1-0”.

I reviewed the support document for this error, which simply seems to recommend that there is something wrong with my internet connection. I’m confident there is not.

I ended up returning the first hub and got another. Had the same problem instantly.

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by AppMaker17; 08-25-2018, 05:41 PM.

I worked with Insteon support this morning. I use 1Password as a password manager and it suggests very strong and also long passwords. I had it generate a secure password while creating my Insteon hub account. The password length was greater than 12 characters. Their system will accept this and create the account but it exposes a bug in the Insteon system and it causes the HSC-1-0 error when adding a hub. Another side effect was that it was impossible to login to my account via the app. The app would always just sit there and spin and never finish logging in. The solution was to use the "Forgot My Password" button in the iOS app that allowed me to change the password on my account to one that was less than 12 characters. After doing that I could successfully login to the app and the hub scanned in successfully right away.

Comment

Working...
    X