Hub Pro (2243-222): inability to add switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Pro (2243-222): inability to add switches

I've spent many hours researching this [and will refrain from too many editorial comments]. Anyway, here's my story.

I had a regular Insteon Hub working fairly well, controlling approximately 18 Insteon light switches/dimmers. Since rest of my smart home gadgets are HomeKit compatible I decided to try the Hub Pro. Prior to starting the process, I disconnected the (non-HomeKit) hub.

The Insteon+ app will not recognize the Hub Pro. I was able to add the Hub to the Home app, after which the Hub appears in the Insteon+ app.

To add switches to the Hub, I learned that you don't use the "Add a Device' function in the app [WTF?] but instead follow Insteon's instructions to add switches to the Hub:

[I]Hold Hub set button until beeps > press button on switch until beeps > Repeat the process in reverse, starting with the new Insteon device [WTF?} > Find device in Insteon+ app under All Devices.[/I] [Is this really the process -- running back and forth between the hub and the switches, pushing each button twice?]

I was able to add one switch this way, but repeating the process is not working for any other switches. (I also have 'factory reset' the hub' to start over, but to no avail).

Am I missing something? Thanks for your help with what is a very opaque and frustrating process.
Working...
X