Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moved into an Insteon home/ having a few issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved into an Insteon home/ having a few issues.

Hi everyone, I just moved into a house that has an existing Insteon setup. It has the 2245-222, a few Insteon led bulbs, an extender and a bunch of 2276s/d switches. I've also found an Insteon load controller out by the pool equipment. I've been researching quite a bit, but still have questions. I connected everything to Alexa, but it's not always perfect.

Questions:

1. Alexa does not always turn on or off the lights. Sometimes Alexa says a light is not responding, other times it says ok, but nothing happens.
    If I install a few dual mesh 2477 switches around the house will this improve reliability with Alexa?

2. If a 2477 switch only receives a wireless command, will it repeat that command through the powerline?

3. Why doesn't the load controller show up on my hub?

4. I have a 2476d switch that works with the Insteon app and it works manually, but Alexa can't find it. I also tried to add it to a scene, but it fails.

5. Sometimes I come home and a light or two is on. I went through EVERY schedule tab I could find in the hub, there are no schedules set up. Could the solar system be triggering lights? It does seem to happen around midday.

Thanks

Ok, I went through the house. There were no x10 devices. I did factory reset the switches that were turning on by themselves. There were 2 LED bulbs and a 2476 switch that were giving me problems. Each of these items is independent of each other, and not linked. It's still happening. I have found that it always coincides with my solar systems peak output. I'm thinking that the Enphase inverters might be the culprit.

Comment

For the switch, I air gapped it for about ten seconds then pushed the set button in for ten seconds. The Led bulbs were only connected to the hub and to a standard wall switch(not Insteon). Each led is on its own circuit with its own standard wall switch. I deleted the scene that the leds were programmed to in the hub, I unscrewed them from their outlets (local programming was active) then I deleted them from the hub entirely. The strange thing is that the Insteon 2476 switch that was turning on by itself had two lights linked to it. It had the light that is on the circuit and it was also linked to a different insteon 2476s switch. I had it set to turn on both lights when I flip the switch. When the light would turn on by itself, it only activated the bulbs that were on the actual circuit and not the lights that it was also linked to. Maybe I should just start from scratch and factory reset everything including the hub?

What's the deal with Alexa? I'll ask it to turn on a light and it will say it's not responding, then I ask again and it works.

Comment

I did change the password on the hub and I moved the Alexa to my prime account. The previous owner was using the Alexa skill and the Magic Home skill and I believe he had everything set up for Apple home kit too. He also left some Apple TV 4s as part of home kit, but I factory reset those too. If there were other services connected, they shouldn't be able to connect now.

A little more detail regarding the switch that turns on its own circuit but not the responder. I only have that link set up in the switch. I never set the hub up with that scene.

Comment

Working...
        X