X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad buttons with Stringify

We need this functionality Insteon.

qoute from Robert at Stringify engineering:
    "The Insteon event stream publishes a limited set of activation messages. With their current implementation, we can't determine which button event on the keypad was triggered, therefore we support them as plain dimmer switches. As Insteon's services evolve, we will certainly continue to improve and expand the capabilities of these devices exposed through Stringify."

Please consider this advanced control Insteon
    Lets evolve a little quicker

Comment

Or you can use software that can do all that you want

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
        Or you can use software that can do all that you want
        What do you mean, you want ME to do something? This is a problem brought about by Insteon, Bill Gates, the Internet and Donald Trump; it's their problem to solve this and put it into a neatly packaged self-installing thingie for me so that it just happens automagically.

Comment

That wasnt for you. That was for ttantalo always crying about the same stuff.

He​​​​​He wants insteon to overhaul everything that they do so he can use his 80 dollar device with a free service instead of spending a little bit of money and getting a proper system that would fit his needs
          Last edited by lilyoyo1; 01-14-2018, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
            That wasnt for you. That was for ttantalo always crying about the same stuff.
            I know that, but he won't be trolling until he's allowed back on the computer next Saturday; I just thought I'd preemptively make his comment for him.
            The only real difference is that I used coherent sentences and grammatically correct language structure.

I've come to the decision that I cannot give him the kind of help he needs as I don't possess a white coat or a medical degree.

Comment

No one can advise a troller, not even with white coat or medical degree. Not even agreement, because then the premise will change. Responding at all to a troller on increase the trollers desire to hang in and elicit more responses. The only solution is to not respond at all, even a bit--not at all even if it seems logical. Not at all if it gets you going-that's exactly what a troller wants--not at all. Just to be clear-NOT AT ALL, that's NOT AT ALL. Unless you happen to be a sucker, there's one in every crowd
              Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
              Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

No one can advise a troller, not even with white coat or medical degree. Not even agreement, because then the premise will change. Responding at all to a troller will increase the trollers desire to hang in and elicit more responses. The only solution is to not respond at all, even a bit--not at all even if it seems logical. Not at all if it gets you going-that's exactly what a troller wants--not at all. Just to be clear-NOT AT ALL, that's NOT AT ALL. Unless you happen to be a sucker, there's one in every crowd
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I agree with Stu.
                  I ignore all of the posts and don't give them any ammunition to argue back.
                  Then they can only complain about. No one will comment on my posts.
                  Last edited by BLH; 01-15-2018, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Can we try to convince Insteon to consider keypad buttons with stringify? We all can stop being so abusive that's what's wrong with this world.

Comment

I have to agree with ttantalo on this one . This is a device wish list not a fight match!
                      Please focus people.

Comment

Wow ! I can't believe that someone is actually nice.
                        SO B-RAN do you know of a workaround ?

Comment

To get the keypads to work with stringify would require complete overhaul of how keypads communicates. It's not an easy nor cheap fix. One that probably won't happen. He's been told of work arounds but instead of pursuing them, he continues to look at the cheapest options out there. He wants cheap and free. So he is getting exactly what that pays for.

Comment

Its not about money it's a WISH LIST!! Dude you gotta back off a bit.
                            Insteon is asking for likes about ideas... maybe this is a good one !

Comment

maybe liltrollyo will go under his hate bridge for a while!!

Comment

Working...
                              X